Until recently most of our Tomcat installations were using the Red Hat
distributed version. A version of Tomcat7 with Red Hat backporting security and
important break fixes. Red Hat has moved their redistribution of Tomcat to
another package other than the OS. A package that it has been decided not to
buy. This means I have to support a number of applications that have upgraded
to Tomcat9 and are using the Apache-Tomcat binary distribution. This presents
me with a problem of how to remain current for security and break-fix updates
without spending a lot of people’s time, mine included, regression testing
applications.

Is there a long-term support version (LTS) where only break-fix and security
changes are made, and feature enhancements go into the next LTS?

Darryl Baker, GSEC  (he/him/his)
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services
Northwestern University
1800 Sherman Ave.
Suite 6-600 – Box #39
Evanston, IL  60201-3715