On 10/7/20 2:50 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 07/10/2020 19:47, marc.davenp...@oracle.com wrote:
On 10/7/20 1:51 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 07/10/2020 18:29, marc.davenp...@oracle.com wrote:
I'm doing a simple upgrade from 9.0.35 to 9.0.38 embed. I notice some
significant changes that I don't see listed in the changelog.
There are covered by the entry for bug 64540.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I didn't understand the
implications of that note.

The annotations-api.jar module-info is using the java namespace?

open module java.annotation {
  requires java.base;

  exports javax.annotation;
  exports javax.annotation.security;
  exports javax.annotation.sql;
}

Until 9.0.37 tomcat-embed-core.jar did not have a module-info. Now in
9.0.38 it does.  This changes the modules I need to require when using
it. This may be the right way to be doing thing all along, but it does
feel like a significant change and not a simple upgrade with a version
bump.

There is also a new tomcat-embed-programmatic.jar in the
apache-tomcat-9.0.38-embed.zip distribution but it does not seem to be
available alone in maven central:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.tomcat.embed__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!Mrj4iTWd6AiGf5VPU0EyhkGtFSZfsmaM_UC7lBc_eDHuZc2GpP9iUTE2VAucYNb_A5U$

I suspect the new JAR was added to the main build script but not the
script that does the Maven upload.

That should be something we can fix for the November release round.
What is the intention for this new jar?
I believe it is intended for use in environments (Graal) where you don't
want to use reflection (i.e. standard XML configuration files) to
configure Tomcat.

Mark