On 27/10/2020 16:29, Eric Robinson wrote:
>> On 27/10/2020 15:22, Eric Robinson wrote:

<snip/>

>>> I had switched to the NIO connector last week. Is that why the logs are
>>> still
>> at 0 bytes?
>>
>> Yes. I only added the debug logging to BIO.
>>
>> Somewhere in a previous thread I recommended switching back to BIO as
>> the code is simpler and therefore easier to debug.
>>
>> Note that my previous analysis of the access log valve entries was based on
>> the assumption you had switched back to BIO.
>>
>> Given everything else is in place, I'd suggest switching back to BIO when you
>> can, waiting for the issue to re-appear and then looking at the debug logs.
>>
>> Mark
>>

> Oh man, I must have missed the recommendation to switch back to BIO. I will
> do that ASAP, most likely this evening. My apologies for causing the wasted
> effort.

No worries.

Looking at the NIO code, if you had switched back to BIO last night I'm
fairly sure we'd now be adding the debug logging to BIO anyway so we'll
end up in the same place.

Now seems like a good time to point out that, as email based debugging
sessions go, this is very much at the better end. Having someone as
responsive as you are, who actually answers the questions asked and is
willing to run custom patches to collect debug info makes it much more
likely that not only will we reach a successful conclusion, but that
we'll get there reasonably quickly.

Thanks,

Mark