To follow up and close the Tomcat scalability thread I opened a while
ago.... It turned out the bottleneck was on the database hardware end.
Reducing disk utilization resolved our performance issues.
BJ Biernatowski

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary
information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is
addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or
her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail, including its contents and attachments,
is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by a "reply to sender only" message and delete this e-mail immediately
and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including
attachments.