Rob,
It looks like this installer is specific to windows and from a brief glance
at documentation it mostly helps setting it up as a windows service and
helps with upgrades. As far as linux distributions go installation and
upgrade via the rpm packages should take care of most of that. At least
setting up the systemctl services and the user/groups necessary for it to
run. I'm not sure I see a need for something similar for linux. Anything
more would be specific to your use case.