Hi!
Having a http request with If-None-Match header returns "400 Bad Request" with
Tomcat 9.0.41

The header is e.g.
If-None-Match: "bfc13a64729c4290ef5b2c2730249c88ca92d82d"
(by the spec with quotes! [1])

But the request.getHeader() in the DefaultServlet returns the string without
the quotes,
then EntityTag.compareEntityTag() rejects it as of the missing double quotes.

This is not the case in Tomcat 9.0.37 - there it is ok not to have the double
quotes.

- I searched for, but did not find anything in the servlet spec to remove the
quotes in the header values - any hints?
- I looked at the source code of tomcat, but this is a complex part of it - I
did not find the place where the quotes from the headers are removed - any
hints?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/If-None-Match