On 2/18/2021 12:11 PM, Niranjan Rao wrote:
Thank you the response. This is not a web application, but a standalone java program. Hence I said it's not a tomcat question, but a generic JVM question. I have been researching about this a lot and based on many mails on this list, lot of people here know about internal behavior of JVM and specs lot better than I do.

Apologies for getting that wrong.

Is it a custom app or something that you downloaded and installed? Talk to whoever wrote it. They will hopefully know what information is needed to troubleshoot further.

Is Java 15 required for the application to function? If you can successfully use Java 11 or even Java 8, you'll be dealing with a far more stable platform. Major show-stopper bugs in Java are rare, but they do happen. I will warn you that although I do recommend downgrading Java for stability purposes, I do not hold out a lot of hope that it will solve this problem.

Which garbage collector are you using? I would recommend one of the really stable collectors, like G1. I wrote this wiki page a long time ago that includes garbage collection information for Solr ... I think it would apply well to any application where latency is important than throughput:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/ShawnHeisey

Thanks,
Shawn