In my app a logged in user will access a page.  But then all of the interaction on the page is done back and forth with ajax calls to the server.  The ajax activities within the page could last well over the 30 minute session timeout. Even though the user has been actively working for 30-45 minutes with lots of server calls, all of a sudden they aren't logged in any more.  The ajax calls are definitely successfully accessing the session since the ajax APIs utilize the logged on user, roles, etc.  They just aren't pinging the keep-alive bit in the session for some reason.  I'm not really sure what would be different in the calls from a regular page call from the browser vs an ajax call.  They both make a request that goes to a servlet or jsp and they both get response data back from tomcat.  But the session times out if I don't do a real page call.  What am I missing?

I really don't want to change the 'inactivity' timeout.  I just need to figure out how to tell tomcat with all of the ajax calls that the session is still very active.  Is there an easy solution?

Thx

Jerry

BTW... TC 8.5