Sid,

I know of sar but how do I run it?
just by 'sar' command or any other parameters?
I can't afford overhead as this is production;
as to vmstat: just by command or anything else?

Thanks,
Ibrahim

"Sharma, Siddharth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
07/17/2006 10:49 AM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: NEW : Tomcat Performance Monitoring

You can use sar or vmstat
They give you system level health.
If you need inside the jvm health you can run the jvm in hprof mode. It
adds
plenty of overhead so beware.
Try checking out
http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/resources.shtml#PerfTools