I just upgraded from 9.0.12 to 9.0.46.  Everything seemed to go pretty
smoothly, but I am getting a strange connection error from certain connections

We have several different things that connect to the webserver.  Browsers
connect fine.  We have a monitoring script in Perl that works fine.  However, a
Java program, which worked fine under the old version of tomcat, can no longer
connect.

The access log prints out very odd information.  Right now it is configured as:
pattern="%{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}t %H %h %m "%U" "%q"
STATUS(%s) BYTES(%b) "%{User-Agent}i" "%{Referer}i&
quot; %I"/>

However the output for this failed connection is:
        2021-06-10 11:21:19 null [[Actual IP address]] null "null" ""
STATUS(400) BYTES(-) "-" "-" null
All other connections show in the access log as I would expect.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
-----
Extra Information:
- I am using the APR connector and OpenSSL.
- I did not recompile any of the native libraries; they are still using the
ones from 9.0.12.
- We have an Apache webserver we use as a reverse proxy.  When connecting
through that, things work.

- Wireshark has this to say about the failure:

        TLSv1.2 Record Layer: Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Handshake
Failure)
                Content Type: Alert (21)
                Length: 2
                Alert Message
                        Level: Fatal (2)
Thanks for your time,
Mark

-----------------------------------
Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, INĀ  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaas...@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.