On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:57 PM Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Leon,
>
> On 6/14/21 16:26, Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> > Thanks for the response Mark,
> >
> > quick question, do I have to add all cloudflare ips? They kindof
> > distributed along the world... Can I mark the thrustworthlyness by a
> header
> > instead?
> > kr
> > Leon

> that I
> cloudflare's
> >> und

> >> You need to tell Tomcat that 162.158.103.188 is trusted. Setting
> >> trustedProxies="162\.158.103\.188" should do the trick.
> >>
> >> There is debug logging in that Valve so you can set
> >>
> >> org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.level=FINE
> >>
> >> in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties to get debug logging which
> >> should help you see what is going on.
> >>
> >> Mark
>
> trustedProxies=".*" ??

Hi Chris,

> What happens if someone connects to your origin server directly? Would
> you trust an X-Forwarded-For header from them?

That's an excellent question, Chris! I don't know the answer yet, the only
thing we need the ip for is to have something in case of payment-fraud, and
since you can't get any physical goods on this site I guess it would be ok
to trust it.
kr
leon