Greetings,

I wanted to setup log4j for tomcat logs and google searches seems to indicate that this is possible. Many articles speak about downloading tomcat-juli-adapters.jar from bin/extras directory.

I found out that for tomcat version 9, extras directory is last present on version 9.0.14 (https://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.14/bin/). Latter versions do not have extras directory.

Is tomcat-juli-adapters file no longer required? What will be the best way to configure tomcat logs using log4j.

My main interest is uploading access logs and catalina.out to AWS/S3 bucket. For our application logs, we are already doing this. If there is a better way to achieve this, open to that solution too.

Regards,

Niranjan