> [....]
> Il 26/07/2021 23:15, Christopher Schultz ha scritto:
> > Ivano,
> >
> > On 7/23/21 02:20, Ivano Luberti wrote:
> >> I have found the issue: one of the webapps has several thread locked
> >> on a MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager during sessionUnbound and
> >> unboundEvents.
> >>
> >> So the background process killing the sessions is stuck as well.
> >
> > This is a very easy problem to encounter. Session event-handlers
> > really need to be bulletproof and execute very quickly.
> >
> > If you need a long-running process to trigger, use an executor service
> > or something where you can capture the information to be used and
> > off-load it onto another thread. Remember that the session cannot be
> > used after the event-handler completes, so capture whatever
> > information you need from the session FIRST, then dispatch to another
> > thread, then return from the event-handler.
> >
> > -chris

I usually refer to troubleshooting pages of Tomcat FAQ:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Troubleshooting+and+Diagnostics#TroubleshootingandDiagnostics-Techniques&Reference

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/HowTo#HowTo-HowdoIobtainathreaddumpofmyrunningwebapp?

Additional note: the "backgroundProcessorDelay"  on a Context can be
used to make a web application use its own background thread (instead
of reusing the one inherited from its parent container).  It won't
help with fixing a deadlock in a particular web application,  but it
will isolate the failure so that other web applications on the same
server won't suffer.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/context.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko