I might noticed a simmilar issue: I ran the JVM in a linux OS on a VM (in
virtualbox btw). The jdk for some reason request a random number. The JDK asks
the LinuxOS for a new random number (maybe in the hope to use a hardware-based
TRNG). Since this linux in virtualbox is not-so low-level the random number is
generated due to RAM squarenumbers, because no memory is changed - no new
random number has been generated and we get a OS-based softlock.

Regards