Hello
I would like to develop an AuthConfigProvider and would like to deploy it
together in a web application.

The Tomcat 9 configuration reference for the AuthConfigProvider indicates that
"The implementation may be packaged with the web application or in Tomcat's $
CATALINA_BASE / lib directory."

The variant with the $ CATALINA_BASE / lib directory works as expected. My
class of the AuthConfigProvider is found and instantiated.
The variant of packing the implementation together with the web application
does not work. In this case I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.

My question: How can I package my implementation together with the web
application?

Because apparently only a few people implement their own JASPIC modules,
research at Goolge or in the Mail Archive did not help.
While debugging I saw that at the point where the AuthConfigProvider class is
loaded, there are no class loaders for the web application.

Technical details
- Tomcat 9.0.37, Windows 10, Tomcat in Eclipse "Use workspace metadata",
- In the configuration files under $ CATALINA_BASE / conf I only adjusted the
jaspic.xml and entered my class there as the provider

thanks in advance

Matthias