The catalina.out log should capture that information already, right?

This is what I see when I shutdown my barebones Tomcat:

07-Oct-2021 15:19:03.276 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await A valid shutdown command was
received via the shutdown port. Stopping the Server instance.
07-Oct-2021 15:19:03.277 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.pause Pausing ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-8080"]
07-Oct-2021 15:19:03.546 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stopInternal Stopping service
[Catalina]
07-Oct-2021 15:19:03.599 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.stop Stopping ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-8080"]
07-Oct-2021 15:19:03.647 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.destroy Destroying ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-8080"]

If you have webapps going it should take a little longer of course.

--
Bob