On 10/9/21 04:52, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

If the user is using e.g. BouncyCastle, IBM's JRE, Corretto, etc. those ciphers might be available in those environments. (It looks like BC supports this cipher suite, but I couldn't find any information on IBM or Corretto stating one way or the other).

We have supported cipher lists from at least some of those in the test suite checking for missing mappings. There is always the scope to additional supported cipher lists from other JVMs and/or JSSE providers.

Will them being missing from the Ciphers enum prevent them from being used at all? OR will it only prevent them from being aliases of each other?

Looking at the source, my reading is a cipher needs to be in Ciphers to used.

I'll note that in that case it is a DSA based cipher suite so I'd be surprised to find it in use in a production scenario.

Mark