On 21/10/2021 10:37, S Abirami wrote:
Hi Thomas,

How I can identify whether the schema validation enabled or not.
I checked startup logs and other configuration.

I am unable to find it.

The quick test is to add an unknown element to web.xml and see what happens. If you get an error, validation is enabled. If it is ignored, validation is not enabled.

It is typically configured in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/context.xml

See https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/context.html
Of particular interest:
xmlNamespaceAware
xmlValidation

Mark

Regards,
Abirami.S

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:40 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: xsd version used for web.xml etc

On 21/10/2021 09:45, S Abirami wrote:
Hi All,

In web.xml, if we didn't define any xsd schema or dtd schema which version of
xsd will be loaded for Tomcat 9.0.45.

By default none - whether a schema is defined or not. Schemas are only loaded
if validation is enabled.

With validation disabled, Tomcat will treat the content of a web.xml file as if
it is using the schema associated with the Servlet 4.0 specification.

Mark