> I had a similar issue in the past that I overcome by having the servlet
> start a separate thread that was producing the report,
> And a jsp page refreshing every 10 seconds or so checking for completion.

That is, of course, the asynchronous application design. Sometimes it is
necessary, but it does bring a question. What is being so slow? Sending the
amount of data you're sending is not slower than it can be. My guess is that DB
is taking a rather long time to complete the query. I would not blame the
network, because the Net connection between DB and TC should be at least as
fast as the one between TC and your client.

So, the original poster might wanna take a look at the DB for speeding it up.
It might not be possible, though.

Nix.