On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 2:07 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> One of the advantages of moving to Eclipse is that everyone involved in
> the spec, not just the spec lead, has an equal say in what goes into the
> spec.

That sounds like design by committee which is my concern. IMO the only
way to design a really good API is for one individual with a vision to
just write it, use it, exercise it and then see what works and what
does not. I routinely re-write things multiple times very slooooowly
before settling on an API. It's exponentially harder for multiple
people to have the same vision. Design by committee can easily
degenerate into an overly-OOP set of interfaces and classes and enums
to define an API that doesn't actually do that much. Once you lock
into an API, that could be used for decades. So even the slightest
mistake can create seams that transcend every codebase that uses it
with long term consequences.

But I suppose this is thoroughly off topic at this point.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

--
Java Active Directory Integration