All,

There are a bunch of parameters in SSLHostConfig which are documented[1] to be "OpenSSL Only" and "JSSE only". I thought we made it so either configuration could be used with either underlying crypto engine. Is that not true? Or is it only true if you are using JSSE with OpenSSL as the JSSE-provider??

You can configure TLS using JSSE style configuration or OpenSSL style configuration. That configuration style choice is independent of implementation.

So you can have any of:
- JSSE style config with NIO(2)+JSSE
- JSSE style config with NIO(2)+OpenSSL
- JSSE style config with APR/Native
- OpenSSL style config with NIO(2)+JSSE
- OpenSSL style config with NIO(2)+OpenSSL
- OpenSSL style config with APR/Native

What you can't do is mix JSSE configuration with OpenSSL configuration. You have to pick a single configuration style.

To slightly complicate things, some configuration settings work with JSSE or OpenSSL. What that means if you use a "JSSE only" setting then you can't also use an "OpenSSL only" setting (and vice versa).

HTH,

Mark