Hi W,

Kindly check which user is setup to run the Tomcat Service and make sure that
that user has at least read/execute permissions to your CATALINA_HOME and
CATALINA_BASE directory structures. (Note, this may be the same location
depending on how you have configured Tomcat.) More than likely it's the Local
System account.

You will want to make sure that at least the webapps, work, temp, and logs
directory have Modify permissions at a minimum for that user.

Hope this helps,