All,

Jon,

On 3/25/22 13:18, jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Have some
dubious data from Flexera around Tomcat versions.
You have to understand that Apache Tomcat wasn't always Apache Tomcat. I don't see this in the Wikipedia history[1] or anywhere else for that matter, but I distinctly remember playing around with something "Apache JServ" back in college (1999/2000). Not just the Apache JServ Protocol (AJP) but the Java server was definitely NOT called Tomcat, and there seemed to be some confusion over (a) its name and (b) whether or not it was a Sun product. So maybe that was during the transition from Sun -> Apache and nobody knew what was going on, yet.

Anyway, there was never a version 2.0 of Apache Tomcat (it wasn't at Apache, yet, when it got that version number).

There is also the "Coyote Connector" which seems to be stuck on version 1.
Seems I sent before finishing. The "Server" response header will tell you "Apache-Coyote 1.1" for all released versions of Tomcat, which is of course unhelpful. That version "1.1" indicates the version of the HTTP protocol which is supported by the connector. That was done back when 1.1 support wasn't universal to indicate that the connector *could* support that crazy new HTTP 1.1 stuff.

-chris