Hello,
according to
https://github.com/Oreste-Luci/apache-tomcat-8.0.26-src/blob/master/java/org/apache/catalina/filters/HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.java

the headers are set, if request.isSecure is set to true.

So it depends on <Connector secure="true" .../> within the server.xml
If behind a proxy with SSL Offloading, this flag can also be set on a plain
http connection.

Greetings,
Thomas