Mark,

On 5/17/22 08:17, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 17/05/2022 10:41, Thomas Meyer wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to find out the per deployed context heap usage in tomcat?

With a profiler you can look at the retained size of the web application class loader instance associated with a web application.

I don't think this will tell you the volume of objects which belong to those classes, though.

If I read a big String into my application, it won't be counted towards the retained size of the web application classloader -- or will it? I don't understand how that String object could count towards the classloader's memory footprint.

-chris