On 22/06/2022 17:02, paul....@stgconsulting.com wrote:
Hello all,

I been tasked with researching options for running Tomcat 8.5.x as a windows
service, but with a different user.

I need to know what minimum rights for user would be, and also how to pass
user & password.  I think I see how to pass user and password.  I don't see
how to encrypt password though.

Other options would be appreciated as well.

Any reason running as the default (assuming a recent Tomcat version) LocalService isn't sufficiently secure?

The minimum permissions would depend on the app but off the top of my head that will be at least:
- file permissions as documented in the security guide
- run as service
- network access

Exactly where are you looking to encrypt the password?

Mark