Mohan,

On 6/27/22 02:17, Mohan T wrote:
Dear All,

We have deployed a application in tomcat 8.5  and  while accessing

http://sebswarcnv08.ramco:8081/samldemo-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/hello

Error retrieving metadata from
https://dev-67198606.okta.com/app/exk5htsyx3S4UcaHA5d7/sso/saml/metadata
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target

A stack trace will help, here.

The URL you have above has a TLS Certificate signed by DigiCert, which is a well-trusted Certificate Authority so, unless you have done something specific with your trust store for that connection, it's not likely the problem.

Because you are using SAML, I suspect that the error occurs when validating the SAML response itself, and your trust store does not contain the certificate required to validate the signed SAML response.

-chris