Thomas,

On 7/17/22 03:07, Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH) wrote:
Hello,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.fried...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. Juli 2022 08:43
An: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Publishing Tomcat webapp

On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 2:39 AM Aryeh Friedman
<aryeh.fried...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Once you have it pointing to that domain just upload the war file to
it
and give people the link.

Small wording correction... I mean upload the war file as being a part of the
webapp and/or a part of an other webapp you have for downloading...
take a look at the download section of the site I list in my signature.

Usually you need 2 things:
1) A webserver or webspace. This includes a public IP address
2) A domain. You can buy it online.

When you own a domain, you have access to the DNS settings. Create an A-Record
with the domain-name and point it to the IP address of your server.
If an A-records already exists, modify it to point to the IP address of the
server.

Install tomcat on the webserver and install your web-application.
Tomcat listens per default on all ports, so no special configuration needed
(only if you host multiple domains on that server).

s/ports/interfaces/

-chris