Came up with a one liner in case if someone else needs it. If you think it can be improvised, please feel free to improvise. Rest of it can fit in the shell script nicely.

curl https://tomcat.apache.org/doap_Tomcat.rdf | grep -A2 "Latest Stable 9.0.x Release" | grep "<revision>" | sed "s#</\?revision>##g"

Regards,

Niranjan