On 05/10/2022 09:17, Terry ST SY/OGCIO wrote:
Hi ,

we would like to upgrade Tomcat 7 to Tomcat 9.0.67.

Check on the major changes on Tomcat 7 to Tomcat 9. (One of the major change we
initially spotted is the BIO connector used in Tomcat 7 for connector setup was
removed in Tomcat 9:
https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-9.html#BIO_connector_removed)

For your reference, Http11Protocol was used in Tomcat 7, but since Tomcat 9
removed it, we tried to Http11NioProtocol with same parameters in the tomcat
config in “conf/server.xml. Is it a proper method for migrate the BIO connector
( Tomcat 7 ) to NIO connector ( Tomcat 9 ) ?

Generally, I'd recommend the following:

1. Review the server.xml you use for Tomcat 7 and note each deviation
   from the defaults
2. Start with the default server.xml for 9.0.x and for each of the
   additional/changed settings noted in step 1, determine if you still
   need to apply it in Tomcat 9.

The HttpNioProtocol is the default in 9.0.x. Generally, the settings will translate from 7.0.x but you should still review them to ensure they remain appropriate for your environment.

Mark