On 08/10/2022 17:36, Martin Moore wrote:
Hello,

I am facing a problem using Tomcat V8 with my J2ee app that deletes (using
file.delete() Java 8) a file from disk (Windows). The file is actually
deleting only on application level meaning that the application does not
see the file anymore but if i open the folder i still see the file which is
then locked by Java process. I only get the file to be removed physically
when i close the Tomcat instance.

Does this problem relate to permissions in catalina.policy ?

Unlikely.

Are you using a SecurityManager?

How to solve this?

Where, exactly, are you storing these files? Where, exactly, are CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE?

Mark