Priyanka,

On 10/20/22 15:50, Kumawat, Priyanka wrote:
Seems we are not using the connection pooling from Tomcat side , below are the DB configuration parameters on context.xml file, do not
see any connection pool details here.

<Resource
name="jdbc/db2"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"
url="jdbc:db2://30.177.13.12:3700/TIREHQ"
maxActive="200"
maxIdle="30"
maxWait="10000"

???!

The above is /absolutely/ the configuration of a database connection pool. Even if you didn't recognize <Resource> to mean a DB connection pool, certainly the host and port should have drawn your eye.

You are using Tomcat's built-in DBCP2-based connection pool. You can find the configuration parameters online. I would highly recommend reading about the "abandoned" capabilities of the connection pool, and using them.

I have one more question , Sorry to bother again .

Can the below parameters can aid us with this issue , as given on the below Technote , if yes how we need to determine the timings for
these parameters.

minEvictableIdleTimeMillis
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis
validationQuery
removeAbandoned
removeAbandonedTimeout

The validation query can help with ensuring that a connection borrowed from the pool is still actually able to perform transactions. If you aren't having any problems with your application being able to query, then don't worry about that.

The eviction stuff has more to do with maintaining the smallest number of connections to the database if they are not being used.

The abandoned stuff will help you identify bugs in your application, and you should DEFINITELY enable these, even in production.

My advice would be to use the "abandoned" features in development as well with a FIXED-size connection pool containing exactly one connection. Give your application's apparently leakiness, I'm sure you'll find 50 bugs during your first day and get them fixed quickly.

Hope that helps,
-chris