Devatha,

On 12/31/22 14:13, Devatha Naga Puneeth wrote:
How to disable the appending of trailing slash when client requests for the
application root context ?

I'm curious, why is this a problem for you?

Apache Tomcat Version : 9.0.65

  I have a sample folder in the webapps. When I access the sample
application via http://localhost:8080/sample . Then it is redirecting to
http://localhost:8080/sample/

When I use the command "curl -vL  http://localhost:8080/sample";
<http://localhost:8080/sample>
I got 302 response stating that application can be accessed via /sample/

I set *mapperContextRootRedirectEnabled *to false  in the context element
of conf/server.xml to disable this behaviour and then restarted the tomcat
. But it did not disable it .

The mapperContextRootRedirectEnabled setting does not disable the redirect; it only changes where the redirect is performed (Mapper vs DefaultServlet). If you want to disable redirection entirely, you'll have to map "/" to a specific servlet instead of allowing the DefaultServlet to handle requests to that resource. (And you will also have to set mapperContextRootRedirectEnabled="false" as well.)

-chris