Shawn,

On 1/12/23 20:48, Shawn Heisey wrote:
On 1/12/23 01:34, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 12/01/2023 08:26, Hiran CHAUDHURI wrote:
In that case the Connector would need to be configured with secure="true" to work correctly/securely and the HttpHeaderSecurityFilter would add the HSTS header if configured to do so.

My personal opinion is that the header should be added by whatever is handling the TLS.

+1

Only the TLS terminator knows whether or not HSTS is appropriate.

I don't have Tomcat in my current setups, but the piece handling TLS for me is haproxy.  In a lot of cases it will be Apache httpd.  My haproxy frontend config has this:

  http-after-response set-header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=16000000; includeSubDomains; preload;"

For Apache httpd, it's:

Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains; preload;"

The max-age is up to you, as are the other parameters.

CORS is a whole other matter in httpd. I feel like I spend forever getting that to work as hoped.

-chris