пт, 24 февр. 2023 г. в 00:42, <a.grub...@bluewin.ch>:

> Hi all
>

> Can you tell me if there is a difference between Tomcat 7.0.54 with Oracle
> JRE 1.8.0_221 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_342 from a functional perspective? Can it
> be, that certain DB transactions are handled different between these two
> java versions? Yes, I know, Tomcat 7.0.54 is . old, legacy, vulnerable - but
> still, if someone knows, I would appreciate the reply.

1. Regarding differences between Java 1.8.0_221 and 1.8.0_342, you can
read release notes provided by Oracle.

In general, usually there are the following changes
- updates to the time zone database
- security updates, such as disabling weak ciphers

Though I think that OpenJDK may use the time zone database provided by
the operating system.

2. If your Tomcats run on different systems, or under different user accounts,
I would pay attention to timezone and locale settings for those.

In my country I sometimes see documents (such as receipts) generated
by misconfigured systems, using a different decimal separator
character in numbers (point vs comma), different format for dates, or
having daylight time changes when there should have been none.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko