Hey everyone:

I am trying to deploy a Spring Boot 3.0.4 application to a Tomcat 10.1.7

server.  The machine has java 17 installed.

When I try to loan tomcat, it gives me this error:

java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field private
static final java.lang.reflect.Method jdk.proxy3.$Proxy74.m0 accessible:
module jdk.proxy3 does not "opens jdk.proxy3" to unnamed module @14022c95

It seems strange to me the module can’t pen itself.  But, I added these
lines in setenv.sh to
try to work around it:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS --add-opens jdk.proxy3/jdk.proxy3=ALL-UNNAMED"

export JAVA_OPTS

But, now, when I run tomcat, I get this:

WARNING: Unknown module: jdk.proxy3 specified to --add-opens

And I still get the exception.

Any ideas what I need to do here?

Thank you,

  Neil

--

Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565, http://www.propfinancing.com

We offer 30 year loans on single family houses!