We are using 9.0.73 Tomcat version and New Relic APM java agent 7.11.0, it
seems we are missing the injected New Relic script and the DOM looks much
different than in 9.0.71. Looks as though it's incorrectly escaping certain
html tags as if they're text (EG: changing < to "/&gt")

In our application login page is not fully displayed and we see the following
at the bottom:
This field is required.", }, "j_password": { required: "This field is
required.", }, }, showErrors: function (errorMap, errorList) { var
numOfInvalids = this.numberOfInvalids(); if (numOfInvalids != 0) {
$("#loginErrorSummary").html("

Version 9.0.72 is when this was first noticed, nothing seemed to change with
.73 and the New Relic version has remained the same 7.11.0.
We have run a test with New Relic 8.01 agent with the same results

System details:
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.6+10

Example of where it seems to be doing an incorrect escape on the html produced
from our .jsp

Working page 9.0.71
<form id="loginForm" name="LoginForm" action="spring_security_check"
method="post" novalidate="novalidate">
    <input type="hidden" name="redirectUri" value="">

Not working 9.0.73
<form id="loginForm" name="LoginForm" action="spring_security_check"
method="post">
    "/&gt;

Thanks

[Nationwide is on your side.]
Jennifer Roe
Consultant, Technology Engineer
Proud Nationwide Member
Middleware Technology
ro...@nationwide.com
FORTUNE(r) and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse the
products or services of, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.