Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response!  However, I think what I am experiencing and what
you are saying are at odds.

I have native installed, but it is the wrong version and doesn't work with
my tomcat.  So, essentially, it's not installed.  (Unless the new protocol
I am using just doesn't use the problem areas of native.)

When I switched to the configuration shown, it worked.  I assume it's not
using native because of the trouble I had before.

So, are you sure I need native with the config I show?

Thanks a lot!

Blake