Hello Mark,

In continuation of my previous mail,
*Just in a while, I could replicate the issue on my local machine by
installing Tomcat 9 explicitly [Now, I could see cache-control headers are
being transmitted to Varnish of server2]*

*Point to note here,*
*Issue not replicated through integrated tomcat of Spring-boot*
*Issue replicated by installing Tomcat 9 on my local machine and building
corresponding war files.*

*I suspect, there is the configuration of Tomcat which is responsible for
setting Cache-control and pragma header by default to outgoing requests.*

*Kindly check and let me know if I am missing anything.*

We have tried replicating the issue by using a local machine (spring-boot
> application as an API-1 with integrated tomcat) to hit API-2 which is on
> Server2, in this case, Cache-Control headers are *not being transmitted*
> to Varnish of server2.

Thanks & Regards,
Uday Kumar