Helge,

On 7/22/23 11:03, Wiemann, Helge (ESI) wrote:
we are using Tomcat 9 and the still the JDBC Realm for authentication.

Our starting URL (which is protected) ends with “/boot1#index”

The form authentication is then processed through the common url j_security_check.

But after a successful login, he is not redirecting to “boot1#index” but only to “boot1”, he is missing the #index but this is necessary for our application.

Any idea why he is removing this #index string or any possible solution to fix?

As others have said, the browser won't send the # or anything after it.

But if you know you need to send back a # in the redirect, then your application needs to generate that #fragment at the end of the URL.

You may wish to reconsider your use of the #fragment to maintain state, and instead use different paths, request parameters, cookies, or some other mechanism that HTTP *does* guarantee will be sent to the server along with the request.

-chris