Mason,

On 7/24/23 20:39, Fong Mason wrote:
Last month I setup a new Tomcat instance (10.1.9) since I want to have a try of
Spring 6.x. Everything was working fine until I need to add a new virtual host.
I had followed the instructions in
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.1-doc/host-manager-howto.html to add a new
Listener in server.xml. After I added a new virtual host and pressed “All”
under persist configuration, the GUI said “OK - Configuration persisted” but
actually the config is not persisted. I checked the log and found the following
error:
org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfig.store Error storing server
   java.lang.NoSuchMethodExeption:
org.apache.catalina.realm.CombinedRealm$CombinedRealmCredentialHandler.<init>()

I tried to upgrade to 10.1.11 but the same problem exists, the same also
happened for 9.0.78.

Then I downloaded 9.0.60 to try as I have another server running it and the
persist function is working there. This time everything worked as expected. I
tried to look at the source code of 9.0.60 and seems there is no
ComibinedRealmCredentialHandler subclass in 9.0.60 but only in later versions.
I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem though.

Any suggestion to make persist function work in host manager to work in 10.x?
Many thanks.

Please find my environment for your reference
OS: Ubuntu Server 20.04.6 LTS
Tomcat: 9.0.78/10.1.9/10.1.11
JVM: 17.0.7 (17.0.7.+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu120.04), this is a package provided by
Ubuntu

It looks like this is a problem with any use of the CombinedRealmCredentialHander: that class isn't effectively Serializable because the class is private.

Can you post the full stack trace?

-chris