Robert,

While Mark Thomas will have a more detailled answer to this...

The finding behind this test is valid (information disclosure with server
version in responses), though the remediation listed here is from looong time
ago, when the was no ErrorReportValve to purge the version info.

So the CIS Tomcat 8(!) Guide is pretty outdated! Probably in more than this
spot...

Peter