Every other jsp in my webapp (and other webapps on the same tomcat
instance [9.0.75]) works and I am using a the default container but as
curl/catalina.out show BasePage is *NEVER* being called (either the
_jspService() or the getX()):

package dashboard.web.pages;

import java.io.IOException;

import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.jsp.HttpJspPage;

import org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase;

public class BasePage extends HttpJspBase
{
        @Override
        public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest req,HttpServletResponse res)
                throws IOException,ServletException
        {
                System.out.println("Hello, world");     // where does
this go cataline.out?
        }

        public int getX()
        {
                System.out.println("Hello, to the the framework from hell");
                return 123234;
        }

        public static final long serialVersionUID=0L;
}