On 9/12/23 01:06, Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH) wrote:
I moved away from using the proprietary java keystore format.
I switched to using Base64 PEM format. This is usually also the format you get
from the certificate issuer.
No need to convert it into Java format any more and you can also open it with
any text editor.

I have never been able to get a Java program to accept a certificate/key in PEM format. The closest I've been able to come is creating a PKCS12 file with openssl. Annoying because all the other software I use accepts PEM with no problem, and as you have said, PEM is the format generally produced by a CA.

How did you get it to take a PEM cert?

Thanks,
Shawn