On 7/24/06, OOzy Pal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Guys/Gals,

I am running (K)ubuntu. I installed the following packages:

Apache 1.3 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet engine
Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 Java classes and documentation
Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 Java classes and documentation
Java Servlet engine -- core libraries (libtomcat5)
Java Servlet 2.4 engine with JSP 2.0 support (tomcat5)
Java Servlet engine -- admin web interfaces(tomcat5-admin)
Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 5.0
Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0

plus other Java libs,

Then I type

$sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start

I get:

Starting Tomcat 5 servlet engine using Java from /usr/lib/j2se/1.4:

when I type:

sudo /usr/share/tomcat5/bin/startup.sh

I get:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat5/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.06/

$netstat -l -t -e | grep tomcat

I get nothing.

When I type

$sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat5 stop

I get

Stopping Tomcat 5 servlet engine: (not running)

Where is my tomcat how can I run it and test it?

--
OOzy
Kubuntu-Dapper

After searching the archive, I checked catalina.out and here is the log

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

hmm, where is my JDK, I installed it.
--
OOzy
Kubuntu-Dapper