Hello,

I am receiving the above error when a GitLab webhook tries to call my servlet. The full text of the error states:

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (unable to get local issuer certificate).

If I try to access any of the servlets running in the same Tomcat server from a web browser then the certificate is OK and the padlock icon appears as expected. The certificate that is used by Tomcat is a domain wildcard certificate issued by Go-Daddy.

Any ideas on what isn’t being correctly sent in response to the GitLab webhook?

Thanks,

Andy.