Jon,

On 10/18/23 15:39, Mcalexander, Jon J. wrote:
Thanks Mark. I'm sorry if I stated it incorrectly. I meant the issue
with JDBC being broken, etc. the stuff that prompted the immediate
new releases.
I think the word you were looking for was "regression", not "recursion" ;)

-chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 2:04 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about releases available for download

On 18/10/2023 18:29, Mcalexander, Jon J. wrote:
Hi Mark, et-al,

With the recursion error with these releases in mind, should 8.5.94, 9.0.81,
and 10.1.15 be available for download via the archives? Should they not be
removed and a not placed in the location that they have been removed due
to introduced issues?

Recursion error?

Regardless, all ASF releases will always be available from the ASF archives.
That is ASF policv and I don't see it changing.

Yes, old releases have bugs and/or security issues. Yes, some of those bugs /
security issues are quite nasty. That is why we always recommend using the
latest release of a current supported major version.

Maven Central has a similar policy. Once a release is published to Maven
Central it is pretty much impossible to get it removed.

Mark

Just asking,

Thanks.

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Asst. Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com<mailto:jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com>
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you
for your cooperation.