Peter,

On 12/1/23 10:12, l...@kreuser.name wrote:
Chuck,

Am 01.12.2023 um 16:07 schrieb Chuck Caldarale <n82...@gmail.com>:

On Dec 1, 2023, at 02:27, Manak Bisht <manak18...@iiitd.ac.in> wrote:

Hi, I am trying to implement non-sticky session replication using Delta
Manager with static membership. The nodes are across two different
machines. I am unable to discover members in the cluster with the following
logs on both machines -

org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager.startInternal Register manager
localhost# to cluster element Engine with name Catalina
org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager.startInternal Starting
clustering manager at localhost#
org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager.getAllClusterSessions Manager
[localhost#]: skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group.

Please find the cluster settings (inside the *<Engine> *tag) below. I have
also added the *<distributable/> *tag to the *web.xml *files.

*Node_1*

  . . .

   <Channel className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
       <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
           address="127.0.0.1"
           port="8090"
           autoBind="0"
           maxThreads="6”/>

I’m not a clustering expert, but perhaps the address value needs to be an IP
address accessible to the other machine in the cluster. The above 127.0.0.1
(localhost) would appear to limit each receiver to the machine it’s running on.

The second node has the same issue.

NICE find!

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰

-chris