I'm one step further. Cloned the tomcat repo, switched to appropriate tag/branch and looked at the code.  Comments indicated need to have full path and my paths did not start with "/". Added the "/" on couple of pages and no more include error.

As of now, even though I don't get the include error, contents of the include file are not getting included. Trying to figure out why. At least now status code has changed from 500 to 200. Not working yet but progress never the less.

Regards,

Niranjan