thank you.. I just asked because searching for sthg like 'tomcat windows 2003 server' came across a post somewhere where they talk about running Tomcat under IIS.. (http://www.junlu.com/msg/77407.html) so when I saw this I thought maybe in Win Server 2003, since it's kind of geared -- I think -- towards asp.NET development, you can only run it in conjunction with IIS.. but I don't want that.. I want to be able to run it as a stand-alone server, just like I did in Windows 2000..

thanks again..

David Smith wrote:
Can it be installed on Win 2003 Server?  Yes.

Can't find any ref's? Probably because it's built in Java and as such is intended to be platform independent. Take a look at the downloads page -- there is a download that installs it as a service.

--David

maya wrote:

can Tomcat be installed in Windows Server 2003?
I have searched for ref's to Windows Server 2003 on tomcat's site (http://tomcat.apache.org/) but found nothing..

thanks..

-m